
In the weeks leading up to Norah's birthday, several people began asking Norah what she wanted for her birthday. I didn't think she really understood what they were asking her because she would just give a confused look. Well, apparently she understood completely. This confused look was actually just a look of careful thought. One evening, she came to me and said "Mommy, I want a tennis racket for my birthday...I'll call Grammy" Two things about this statement really tickled me: 1) the fact that my 2 year old wanted a tennis racket and 2) the fact that she's figured out that Grammy is the big gift giver in the family. Here she is proudly displaying her tennis balls and racket to her aunt Carolyn. 
Proud daddy carrying out Norah's birthday cake so we could all sing to her.

Since all of my family was staying here with us the weekend of her party, I had plenty of help. I am so thankful for the all of the ways they jumped in to help us get ready for the party. My mom made all of these yummy chocolate chip cookies. They were nearly all gone by the end of the party...they're so good!

Norah is a quite the fan of Sesame Street so she was shocked to see some of her favorite characters on a cake!

Norah is quite the gal and Ross and I are absolutely in love with her. We are so thankful that God has given us the privelege of being her parents. She is so full of joy and life and we are looking forward to seeing all that God has planned for her life.
2 comments:
Happy Birthday Norah! Looked like you had tons of fun. So funny that she asked for a tennis racket! That's adorable.
That cake was sooo ocute!!
Post a Comment